With nature reserves, beautiful beaches, stunning waterways and spectacular views, Argenton is brimming with a brilliant variety of natural resources which offer hours of fun for all the family. From walking and hiking, to swimming, BBQs and picnicking, you can enjoy the perfect relaxing break and get away from it all with a holiday at Macquarie Inn at Club Macquarie.
Located in the heart of Argenton, we provide instant access to a spectacular range of natural delights, such as nearby Lake Macquarie and Cockle Creek. We’re also just a short drive from Newcastle, which is surrounded by no less than eight beaches. For those who love to surf, swim or simply paddle, what better place to do it than at one of these magnificent locations?
Sun and surf
Close to Newcastle city centre, Merewether Beach, Newcastle Beach, Nobbys Beach and Bar Beach are all popular surfing and fishing locations. Meanwhile, for those who don’t want to brave the open ocean for a dip, why not try the art deco Newcastle Ocean Bath? With a wonderful view from the large pavilion steps, you might even be lucky enough to spot a whale or dolphin.
If you want to get back to nature, there are lots of different conservation sites you can explore.
- Munmorah State Conservation Area
- Wangi Wangi Flora and Fauna Reserve
- Warner’s Bay Foreshore – just seven minutes from Macquarie Inn, this is the perfect place to while away the hours with shopping or dining. There are also a variety of walking trails connecting Warner’s Bay to Speers Point, with landscaped gardens along the foreshore the ideal place for a picnic.
- Watagan Mountain National Park
- The Hunter Wetlands Centre –This RAMSAR listed location allows visitors to hire a Segway for even easier access to its 45 hectares of ground.
- Blackbutt Reserve – This reserve is spread over 182 hectares of land and is packed full of nature trails and wildlife exhibits, with children's playgrounds and recreational facilities also available.